A good Spanish Paella is light, refreshing and bursting with flavour – but most important of all, it’s easy!
We’ve put together a quick 20 minute recipe to bring you the flavours of Spain from the comfort of your home.
- 200g paella rice
- 200g chicken thigh
- 120g sliced chorizo
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 cloves of ginger (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 chicken stock cube (400-500ml of water)
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan before cooking the chicken and chorizo separately and then leave in a bowl to the side (we will add these back in later).
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan with the leftover oil from cooking the chicken and chorizo – simmer until they start to slightly brown and then add the dry Paella rice, allowing it to be coated in the oil.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, chicken and chorizo back into the pan and season with a pinch of saffron, cayenne and paprika.
- Add half the stock until the level of liquid is just above the rice and leave to simmer for 10-15min (Add the left over stock slowly to make sure there is enough liquid in the pan to cook the rice and it doesn’t burn).
- Serve hot and with a lime wedge!
Keep checking back for more quick and easy recipes and send us your attempts!